Tuesday, November 10, 2015

'Rajma -Chawal at Bhopal railway station, India'- by K.J.S.Chatrath


I was at the Bhopal railway station in central India two nights back.  The train  was at 7.30 pm and I decided to have a quick dinner. The dish I ordered came after a few minutes of wait but was piping hot, in a clean tray and did not have a high dose of chillies. And yes, it looked colourfully pretty. All for Rs.50 only!

Rājmā is a popular Indian vegetarian dish consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices and usually served with rice and roti. Although rajma bean is not of Indian origin, it is a part of regular diet in Northern India. The dish developed after the red kidney bean was brought to India from Mexico

 

…………………………………..
May I invite you to visit my blogs & websites?

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment